Sunday 16 June 2013

Menswear

Apologies for not posting in a while, I have been on holiday.

As part of my evening Pattern Cutting course, I am required to produce blocks for myself and someone else.  To challenge myself, I decided to venture over into menswear and produce a bodice, shirt and trouser block for my boyfriend.

First I had to measure him up, but to start with I followed a set of sizes from a book based on his chest size.








After producing my front and back block, I then had to draw around it so I weighed it down and added any seam allowances neccessary.
















I then cut around it, sewed it together and tried it on my model.  It will require taking in on the sides a little but it was overall a good fit.


The next block for me to make is a sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment