Monday 15 July 2013

Manchesters Alternative & Burlesque Fair!

As I love anything burlesque, Pin-up & Rockabilly, I was pleased to find out this event was returning to Manchester again, as I went last year and it was awe-inspiring.  

So this is what I got up to in Manchester yesterday…

Facebook Page
Website
The event founded in September 2011 was based in Sound Control, Manchester from 11am-5pm.  It brings together a collection of Alternative, Fetish, burlesque, vintage, Steampunk and Neo-Victorian products in one venue!

I arrived around 12ish and was greeted by lovely ladies giving out some nice freebie bags with flyers & event schedules (leopard print is always a winner).  There were also goodies up for winning straight from entering as well. 

On the first floor was a seating area and divine vintage tea shop surrounded by exquisitely dressed individuals.  I noticed a bar, a cupcake stall, and a fundraising stall whilst on my way up to the second floor.  I love how much effort everyone had made to dress for the occasion and how wonderful all the food stalls looked!

I made my way up to the second floor to find lots of stalls and the main events stage, however no event was due yet so I had a good look around the different boutiques (and obviously made lots of purchases...mainly fabric however).  I then went down to the bottom floor to find more unique boutiques.  I found the whole day incredibly enjoyable, the stall holders were all lovely and I would definitely recommend everyone attend who feels they would benefit from the atmosphere, especially to support small local businesses! 
Many thanks to Heresey n Heelz for presenting the program of burlesque events! One show of which I did manage to catch! It was inspiring, not to mention exciting! <3


I have included images of all the flyers and business cards I collected of the different stalls.
Morgana
Madams Pinups
Always Alternative
Emma Brackenbury - Costume & Jewellery
Rock ' N' Rolls of Fabric
Obsidian Gothic Clothing
Kiku Boutique
                                                      Alabama Blue Clothing
& for information on more stalls visit the website.




                                  

             





So whose going to be going to the next one then?

This is my first event write-up and I would appreciate any positive and negative feedback :)
Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, just found your blog thanks to Jules, the event organizer. Thank you so much for picking up my Cherry Black Boutique flyer and including it in your wonderful blog. So glad you enjoyed the day, the venue was certainly a great place to chill out thanks to air con and the other amazing traders and staff. Cherry Black will be returning to Manchester in October with more goodies. Pop over to my Facebook page, slap a 'like' on it and keep yourself updated :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome :D Thank you. I will definitely be there in October so hope to see you again! :) xx

    ReplyDelete